Our Editorial Team
Dr. Zhang, Tao
University of North Texas, USA
Dr. Cools, Wouter
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, BE
Van Damme, Guy
Retired physical education teacher secondary education, BE
Mr. JoonYoung Lee
Doctoral student, University of North Texas, USA
Board of editors and reviewers
Dr. Baert, Helena
SUNY Cortland, NY, BE/USA
Dr. Chen, Han
Valdosta State University, USA
Dr. Everhart, Brett
Lock Haven University (PA), USA
Dr. Fitzpatrick, Katie
University of Auckland, New Zealand
Dr. Frankl, Daniel
California State University, USA
Dr. Gao, Zan
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, USA
Dr. Goh, Tan Leng
Central Connecticut State University, USA
Dr. Hunter-Hynes, Joanne
Old Dominion University/ Northern Virginia Community College, USA
Charles Sturt University, New South Wales, UK/Australia
Dr. Jenny, Seth
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania, USA
University of Memphis, USA
Dr. Lodewyk, Ken
Brock University, CA
Dr. Pope, Zachary
University of Minnesota, USA
Dr. Rukavina, Paul
Adelphi University, USA
Dr. Tsz Lun (Alan) Chu
University of Wisconsin- Green Bay, USA
Dr. Vincent, John
University of Alabama, USA
Dr. Xiangli Gu
University of Texas- Arlington, USA
Dr. Yan, Zi
Merrimack College, Massachusetts, USA
Dr. Yli-Piipari, Sami
University of Georgia, FI/USA
Dr. Zeng, Nan
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, USA
Dr. Zhang, Peng
East Stroudsburg University - Pennsylvania, USA
Why a P.E. Video Database ?
We search for you ...No more wasting time!
Why invent hot water if there are already ways to get it?
Sports Media starts with an extensive P.E. video database - compiled and selected by experts in the field of physical education & sports. The P.E. video database is designed to give both new and seasoned teachers, instructors, educators and everyone involved in physical education and sports a more powerful and targeted search experience.
Sports Media does not own the video clips and has not the copyrights on the videos!
The database is compiled by videos that come from applications that offer online video sharing services. We seek the most educational images - according to our criteria - and places them in our database . This is our merit and expertise.
Why should I use the P.E. Video Database?
- Teachers can enhance physical education instruction
- to provide a tool for increasing instructional effectiveness
- to provide lesson ideas
- to provide differentiated instruction
- to provide Instructional Feedback
- giving freedom to make choices (suitable for students’ developmental levels)
- pre-service student teachers acquire knowledge of good teaching practices
- the database has videos about: exercises, drills, skills, technique and theory
"A picture is worth a thousand words "
Sports Media ... videos for sports & physical education!
Flipping Physical Education in the Classroom .
Flipped classroom in physical education a new way of teaching and learning
It’s all about the videos!
Physical Education Classes:
"We have been surprised to hear that some of the teachers most excited about flipped classrooms were physical education teachers. This dynamic team of teachers realized the flipped class had great potential in their courses. They told us that the most important aspect of the physical education class is for their students to be moving. Physical education teachers report that they spend too much time teaching students things like the rules of games and some of the techniques. When teachers began making videos (with a video camera) of rules, students can come to class and quickly get to moving their bodies and participating in the important physical education activities."
That's why P.E. Videos are very useful !!!
Do you need videos to start your Flip Teaching ? Surf through our Best Practice P.E. videos
Copyrights & Privacy
This website and its content is copyright of Sports Media - © Sports Media 2012. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Sports Media is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Sports Media may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 3 September 2012
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emailsabout new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at sportsmedia.orgATgmailDOTcom
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please mail to sportsmedia.orgATgmailDOTcom.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have any comments or questions regarding Sports Media or this Web site, please use the following email address: